I have focused my practice solely on family law since graduating law school in 2002. I have found that concentrating my practice on family law has allowed me to gain a very deep understanding of the issues and laws involved. I handle issues involving divorce, legal separation, division of complex assets, including business interests, spousal support, child support, child custody, and paternity cases.
When I first started practicing, I only focused on traditional family law litigation in court. As I have grown in my practice, I have come to the realization that while some cases must be litigated in court, there are many situations that can be efficiently and effectively resolved outside of the courtroom. With this is mind, I also began working as a family law mediator and a Collaborative family law attorney.
I truly do enjoy helping those who are in a crisis or who need help solving problems. I take great pride and find it deeply rewarding to resolve my clients’ problems and guide them through their family law issues.
I have experienced firsthand the effects and emotions of a contentious divorce and custody litigation. Not only on myself, but also on my daughter. People hire lawyers for guidance through the legal maze, we are not counselors or therapists, but I believe that it is extremely beneficial for my clients to know that they have an attorney in their corner who has been there. My experience has put me in the unique position of understanding the life changing circumstances you have found yourself in.
I live in St. Louis County with my daughter, our cats, Meow-Meow and Lilly and our puppy, Coleman. In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my immediate and extended family, all of whom reside in St. Louis, reading anything I can get my hands on, and of course, Cardinals baseball.
- Washington University School of Law – J.D. (2002), Family Law Society, Women’s Law Caucus, Associate Editor Washington University Law Quarterly, Alumni Relations Committee Co-Chair
- George Washington University – B.A. (1997)
- Principal, Danna McKitrick, PC (2011-2015)
- Associate, Danna McKitrick, PC (2003-2010)
CREDENTIALS & DISTINCTIONS
- The Best Lawyers in America for Collaborative Law: Family Law and Family Law (2018)
- Lawyer of the Year Award for St. Louis in the field of Collaborative Law: Family Law, (2017)
- The Best Lawyers in America for Collaborative Law: Family Law, (2015, 2016, 2017)
- Missouri and Kansas Rising Stars, (2010, 2012)
- Certified Mediator, Washington University School of Social Work
- St. Louis County Court Approved Mediator
- Collaborative Family Law Attorney
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Graduate of ABA Family Law Trial Advocacy Institute
AFFILIATIONS & COMMUNITY
- Collaborative Family Law Association of St. Louis
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Kids in the Middle Board Member
- The Missouri Bar
- St. Louis County Bar Association
- Graduate of Leadership Clayton, (2008)
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Co-presenter “Effectively Deposing your Opponent’s Financial Expert” Missouri Bar Annual Family Law Conference (Aug 2017)
- Co-presenter “Crafting an Effective Parenting Plan” Missouri Bar (Feb 2017)
- “Advanced Discovery and Evidence in Divorce” National Business Institute CLE (Sep 2016)
- “Electronic Spying and Tracking Spouses in Divorce Cases: What’s Legal in the Digital World” Strafford CLE (Aug 2014)
- “Untangling Legal Responsibilities and Patient Well-Being: Knowledge and Tools to Guide the Mental Health Practitioner,” Care and Counseling, Inc. and St. Louis Psychological Association (Feb 2010, Oct 2010, May 2012)
- “Divorce Survival Seminar” Living Word Church
- “Divorce, Summer, Kids and Vacations” MacaroniKids.com blog post
- “Family Law: Understanding It, Working Through It, Moving On”
- “Gray Divorce” KPLR-TV with Christine Buck
- “Summer Vacations, Kids and Families of Divorce” KTVI Fox2 News in the Morning with Margie Elisor
- “Michael Jackson’s Children” Total Information AM with Tom Calhoun and Maria Keena, KMOX
- “Children in Divorce” St. Louis on the Air, St. Louis Public Radio, KWMU
- “The Divorce Process: Navigating it Smoothly” St. Louis on the Air, St. Louis Public Radio, KWMU