When I began law school in 2006, I knew I would eventually focus my practice in the area of family law. I grew up the child of divorced parents. Like many divorced families, mine experienced several child support and child custody modifications. My family went through the same things my clients’ families are going through – court hearings, depositions, and expert witnesses. While I have not stood in the exact same shoes as most of my clients, my experience as a child of divorce provides me a unique perspective and approach to family law. It has also led me to obtain my certification as a Guardian ad Litem.
The practice of family law includes divorce, child custody, child support, paternity, adoption, and spousal support. These issues are where the intricacies of familial relationships overlap with the complexities of the law. This often involves strong emotions and difficult decisions. I have the privilege of helping people get through what is often one of the most difficult times in their lives. Family law issues are often disruptive, unpredictable, and scary. My goal as a family law attorney is to help individuals navigate this process and lead them to the best possible result.
I live in the Central West End with my husband and daughter. In my spare time, I enjoy baking, cooking, and spending time with my family.
- Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School – J.D. (2009)
- St. Louis University – B.A., magna cum laude (2006)
- Associate Attorney, Danna McKitrick, P.C. (2014 – 2016)
- Associate Attorney, The Law Office of Cathy Steele, P.C. (2012 – 2014)
- Associate Attorney, The Stange Law Firm, P.C. (2011 – 2012)
CREDENTIALS & DISTINCTIONS
- Missouri, 2009
- Illinois, 2010
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, selected by peers (2017)
- Certified Family Law Mediator
- Collaborative Family Law Attorney
AFFILIATIONS & COMMUNITY
- Jewish Family & Children’s Service Young Leaders Board
- Court Appointed Special Advocate – Voices for Children